- Start as early as possible - today is not too soon.
- Contribute as much as possible from an early age
- Find out exactly what fees are charged by the pension fund manager.
- Find out exactly what fees are charged by your broker.
- Consider the benefits of choosing a fee arrangement with your broker in preference to a commission arrangement.
- Who is managing your fund? What is their track record both as an individual fund manager as a Company?
- Exactly how secure is the company who has your money? What is their value compared to other companies competing in the market?How much funds do they have under management?
- Closely examine the documentation you receive and if you don't understand something - get an answer!
Please review our website www.mortgages.ie
- Seek independent advice
- Don't look at discounted rates as a guide to your long term commitments
- Keep mortgage repayments within your budget
- Don't borrow too much
- Pay off early if possible
- Always keep up your repayments
- Decide what level of risk you can afford
- Incorporate your investments into a financial plan.
- Spread your investments
- Don't blindly trust an adviser
- Understand how easy it is to access your funds
- Never put all your eggs in one basket
- Keep saving
- Understand what you are investing in
- Understand the costs including tax implications